Microwave is one of the most useful devices used inside people’s house to make their life a little bit easier. This helps people to save their time and eat their food warm anytime they need.
But there are some common issues that happen with microwaves and you need to know the solutions, so whenever you face these problems you know the solution.
You may also need to know How to Reset a Microwave? Which can solve some of the issues that happen to your microwave.
Common Microwave Issues and How to Fix Them
I’m not saying that these problems are the only problems microwaves have but these are the common ones that most people face. Here are seven common microwave problems and their potential solutions:
- The Microwave Oven Doesn’t Turn On
- The Microwave Touchpad is Unresponsive
- Microwave Starts and Then Suddenly Stops
- The Microwave Turntable Fails to Spin
- Microwave Sparks When Running
- The Internal Light Doesn’t Turn On When the Microwave is in Use
- The Microwave Makes Excessive Noise
Now let’s find out the solutions to these problems so that you can be prepared for the problems.
1. The Microwave Oven Doesn’t Turn On
If your microwave fails to turn on, there are a few possible causes:
- Make sure the microwave is properly plugged into a functioning power outlet.
- Check the circuit breaker to see if it has tripped. Reset it if necessary.
- Inspect the door switch to ensure it is functioning correctly.
- Clean the door and door hinge to remove any debris that may be interfering with proper operation.
2. The Microwave Touchpad is Unresponsive
If the touchpad on your microwave is not responding, it could be due to a faulty membrane switch or control board. Consider having a professional technician inspect and replace these components if necessary.
3. The Microwave Starts and Then Suddenly Stops
An intermittent start-stop issue is often caused by a faulty door switch. Check the door switch for signs of damage or overheating. If needed, replace the door switch to resolve the problem.
4. Microwave Turntable Fails to Spin
If the turntable in your microwave does not spin, it may be due to a malfunctioning motor or drive mechanism. Consult your microwave’s manual or contact a professional technician for assistance with repairing or replacing these components.
5. Microwave Sparks When Running
Sparks inside the microwave can be dangerous and may indicate a serious problem. Check for any metal objects or foil that may be causing the sparks. If the issue persists, it is best to have a professional inspect and repair the microwave.
6. Internal Light Doesn’t Turn On When the Microwave is in Use
If the interior light of your microwave fails to turn on during operation, it could be a sign of a faulty light bulb or a wiring issue. Replace the light bulb if necessary, and if the problem persists, seek professional assistance.
7. Microwave Makes Excessive Noise
Excessive noise from a microwave can be disruptive and may indicate a problem with the motor or other internal components. It is advisable to contact a professional technician to diagnose and repair the issue.
So these were some short solutions to the problems that most people face with their microwaves. If you have found any different kinds of problems let us know in the comments so we can provide you a solution.